How to test or check if MOD_REWRITE is enabled

Some of you might have tried hiding your index.php from your site's URL and nothing did work (say you have http://domain.com/index.php/about_us) .

Well not anymore . I once had this sort of thing too and luckily found a solution from the net.

Here's the story. I had my CodeIgniter app working locally without index.php through the help of .htaccess file. When i tried running the application on my hosted domain, things didn't seem to work as expected. So, after I figured out what might have caused the problem, I run a google search for confirmation. Here's what I got.

how-to-test-or-check-if-mod-rewrite-is-enabled

Hope this helps you too.


Bookmark and Share

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please leave your message here. Also, I may not be able to respond to your query right away. So please bear with me. Thanks. :)