Magento vertical menu for product categories

Here's something about creating a vertical menu for Magento product categories. Ok. As a beginner in Magento theming, it took me quite a couple of days just to catch the right solution for what was required in my previous project - a theme with its custom homepage having vertically positioned menu. I kept googling that time and luckily found this very helpful wiki in Magento community. Here's a link to that. If you're interested, you really need to read it.


How-to-create-a-vertical-left-hand-menu




The documentation assumes you have a Modern Theme installed. But not quite a requirement as what I've found out. It seems to work with the default theme for Magento version 1.3.2+. I'm not sure how it works with the few previous versions.

Ok. So what I did was follow the same instructions the author had posted. Created the vert_nav.phtml, and placed it under templates/catalog/navigation. Also did steps 2 and 3. Saved all the changes committed and refreshed my frontend. That easy.

Try doing the same thing. You might get lucky too.

Related Posts:


Bookmark and Share

6 comments :

Magento eCommerce said...

It's good about magento ecommerce. magento one of the popular and future rich site. more requirement of entreprise.Magento eCommerce

Jhon said...

Nice this is really nice and easy after your post reading.
Thanks for this.

Jan Miller said...

very helpful thanks

Magento Modules said...

Nice, will give it a try!

Magento google analytics said...

Thanks for the post. I have some bugs while developing it ( a related product). now i've got an idea to move on.
Expecting such kind of technical post

General Manager said...

It's really helpful article about "Magento Custom Menu " ...i like your post,.

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please leave your message here. Also, I may not be able to respond to your query right away. So please bear with me. Thanks. :)